The MEPIN consortium through a process of evidence-based revised and new programs will increase the quantity, quality and retention of different cadres of health care workers with knowledge and relevant skills in service delivery and research to enhance the access to health care for the Nigerian population and consequently improve health outcomes.
* Develop clinical and translational research competencies of medical students, physicians trainees and public health graduate students
* Develop education and research programs to be implemented at all the six consortium universities during the funding period
* Expand these programs to other medical schools in Nigeria through the National Universities Commission (NUC)
* Increase the quantity and quality of students and faculty
* Retain graduates and faculty in country where they are most needed
* Support regionally relevant research